With a medical staff of over 500 physicians, CoxHealth is the sponsoring hospital for the residency program.
CoxHealth is unique with its strategy of integration, uniting various providers with services ranging from behavioral health to home health into one network of care designed to meet the needs of more than 900,000 people in a 25-county service area in southwest Missouri and northern Arkansas. The health system includes Cox North Hospital, Cox Medical Center South, Meyer Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Hospital, Cox Medical Center Branson and Cox Monett Hospital, with more than 900 beds total.
CoxHealth is the only locally owned, not-for-profit health system based in Springfield, MO. It is Missouri’s first hospital system accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for quality and patient safety. All five hospitals, as well as our outpatient centers and provider-based clinics hold this national distinction from DNV’s accreditation program, the National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. CoxHealth is the only Springfield hospital named for four consecutive years to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals list, and is recognized by CareChex®, the medical quality rating division of Comparion®, as among the Top 10% U.S. hospitals for overall medical care in medical excellence and patient safety.
Cox North Hospital, the primary location of the residency program and outpatient clinic, is centered in an area with an enormous need for primary care. Cox North Hospital includes The Center for Addictions, psychiatry services, Cox Senior Health Center, Cox Occupational Medicine and Workers’ Compensation Center, and a full service emergency department. The revitalization of the North Springfield community is attracting new medical practices, businesses and renovation of historical areas. Cox South is the site for all inpatient services, including ICU, pediatrics and labor and delivery.
- Locally owned and not-for-profit health system established in 1906
- 5 hospitals, more than 70 regional clinics
- 987 beds total in the health system – (644 at Cox South)
- Level I Trauma Center – 2400+ trauma patients each year
- Level I Stroke Center
- Level 3 NICU with 28 private rooms
- Top 100 Integrated Health Network
- Recognized as Best Regional Hospital, US News & World Report
- 150+ primary care physicians
- Intensive Care Unit – 37,000 sq ft, 76 critical care beds
- 237,755 emergency, urgent care and trauma visits annually
- More than 4000 babies born annually
- Partnership with Ferrell Duncan Clinic, a multi-specialty group
- 1,229 total physicians in the CoxHealth Network and 10,000+ employees
The Family Medical Care Center, located inside Cox North Hospital, is the base of our clinical practice as family physicians. We currently have 29,000 square feet, including 40 exam rooms, offices and lab. We currently provide health care to more than 11,500 patients. Our clinic is recognized as an NCQA Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home.
All faculty physicians and residents see patients on a regular basis in our center, and each resident becomes the primary physician for a number of families and follows these families throughout his or her residency.
- Largest clinic in Springfield, with 59,000+ visits annually
- Level 3 (highest) Patient Centered Medical Home
- Full scope of care
- Gynecology clinic
- Other specialty clinics include: Minor Surgery, High Risk OB, Colposcopy/LEEP, OMT
- EMR since 1996, current EMR is Cerner
- In-house ultrasound machine, DRI, OMT tables, dermatoscope & more